Sunday, May 26, 2013

BLESSING - PART 2


Judging by some of the responses that I’ve received from the Blessings writing, i.e. “I’ll do that next time I go to the store” or “I might even try that in a restaurant”, it would appear that I did not make the point very clear.  The instructions were to apply the blessing to any and all things.  For example;

 

1)     You turn on your computer to write an email.  Think of all the hands that made that happen – the designer of the computer, manufacturer, transportation, salesperson, and all that went into the software.  Then realize the same depth with the internet.  And by the way, what about those responsible for your house, the electricity, the desk, your chair?

2)    Consider the lowly toothpick.  How many hands were involved in getting that toothpick from the forest to you?

 

I can hear you say, “But Joan, I’m just too busy to do this.”  My answer:  yes and no.  Of course you are too busy during the day to do the arduous exercise of considering and naming every single possibility of everything you touch, see and do.  BUT you do have 1-2 minutes to contemplate just 1 thing.  (Don used his beloved Trader Joe’s chocolate.)

 

If you let yourself embrace the exercise – truly get into it, you will be astonished at the number of people that it takes to bring one little piece of your life into being. Once you let yourself have this in-depth experience, from that point on all you have to do is look at something and let the kaleidoscoping effect of your mind just stretch out so that you can embrace and uplift all that have brought whatever you are contemplating into your life.

 

It becomes apparent that hundreds of thousands of people are necessary for you to experience your day-to-day life.  Without them, your life would be infinitely different.  And, what about all those who support them so that they can do what they do?

 

The first time I truly did this exercise I was literally brought to my knees.  It was one of the most profound, enlightening and humbling experiences of my life.  I wept.  I understood the introduction motif of the TV series “Touch”.  I saw not only the interdependence by the absolute intertwining of all lives.  I also saw that by asking for the elevation of consciousness of all those involved there would be a profound effect upon the collective.

 

Then, I was instructed to “reverse” the process and look at how if I did not turn on the computer, use the toothpick, eat the chocolate, none of those people would need to exist.  And I understood my part in the matrix.

 

I then heard, “now you can understand the truth behind ‘we the people’ not ‘we a bunch of folks’ or ‘mankind’ not ‘menkind’ for indeed you are one”. 

 

My dear friends, in my 30 years of service (in various forms) to what I now call the Sacred Stream of Consciousness, I have been given many exercises, meditations and celebrations.  I can honestly say that I cannot recall any that have affected me as much as this one has.  I truly believe that anyone who embraces this exercise will never be the same again.  I know that I will not – and Don says he won’t either.

 

In one of Richard Bach’s books (Don and I dispute which one), he ends with “There is only one of us here, and it is you.” I think this blessing and prayer for assistance in raising the consciousness of all involved  finally makes this clear.

 

With very deep gratitude for your presence in my life - JOAN

No comments:

Post a Comment